I decided to cancel my membership with Trifit during the holiday so I called them in the first business day of the year to inform my decision.They had already charged my card U$99 referring to Jan'11 charges and U$35 annual towel fee.

I talked to Kristin Spinosa (Trifit's manager) and she explained to me that the gym has a 1-month notice cancellation policy so when a member asks to cancel the service they are still charged 1 month (during that month they are still entitled to use the gym). I informed her that I wasn't going to attend to the gym at all after cancelling my membership on 1/5 so I would expect her to at least be able to refund me of the U$35 annual towel fee. Kristin said that she would refund the U$35 towel fee provided that I came to the gym in person in that same day to process the cancellation. I did so, however, the U$35 refund never occurred On 2/1 my debit card is being charged another U$64 by Trifit.

I immediately called the gym and again talked to Kristin Spinosa.

She said that the cancellation signed on 1/5 would only be effective on 2/28 and that I would have to pay for 2 moths Jan'11 and Fev'11 regardless of not using their services since Dec'10.She also said that she was processing the U$35 refund as we speak, which was reinforced by an e-mail recieved from Rachel Sklar, but again, never occured.

Had an Experience with TriFit?

Comments